PD: Project, Problem, and Inquiry Based Learning.

Well today I gave my FIRST presentation outside of the district.

As usual, I was more nervous to present in front of adults than students.

Sometimes I fear I might go too fast in a presentation or use terminology that people are not that familiar with. I know I am also opinionated about certain strategies (TAKE NOTES! NOTES ARE THE BEST! NOTE TAKING!). Well, I hope I did a good presentation, a lot of people were taking photos and notes during the presentation, I think they really liked parts of it, but I hope it helped.

I started the presentation with games (download some here for free) and candy, although hardly any of the candy was eaten. It was one of the last sessions on the last day of CAMT 2014, and I know everyone's brain was fried like my own with all this knowledge.

My presentation was on Problems Based on Learning, basically incorporating Project, Problem, and Inquiry based learning techniques to have successful, yet purposeful projects in the math classroom. My main goal was to show them how you can create an Open-Ended project based on the TEKS, and with repetitive instructional strategies and flexibility in student presentation, have students create higher level projects and actually learn the content. And I mean, all the content you wanted them to, not just the parts they found interesting. Below is a link to the presentation, although some slides were removed and the font may appear different on your computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment